Business growth relies on marketing. As a wide range of different marketing channels emerged, email marketing is one of the oldest methods to exist. Marketing channels’ upheaval is observed among social media, direct mailing, online advertising, search marketing, yet email marketing remains the most powerful.
Email marketing is ranked as the best channel in terms of Return on Investment (ROI). With every dollar you spend on email marketing, you could get $44 in return – that’s a staggering ROI, right? As email marketing channel offers a staggering return, digital marketers are flocking to this sector to get the highest return with little investment.
To survive in this ever-challenging environment, you need to prepare yourself with tools that will keep you ahead in the race. Today I am going to introduce you to a tool that is one of the best available on the market. And, the software is Aweber. Aweber’s intuitive functionality, and ease of use amplifies your marketing reach, and chances of your messages being read.
What is Aweber?
Aweber is one of the most popular email marketing platforms. Founded in 1998, Aweber email marketing services power 100,000+ bloggers, entrepreneurs, and small businesses across the world. Creating remarkable user experiences, providing passionate services, and support; Aweber is committed to their growing base of customers. Aweber has been in the business for 18 years. Throughout the years, they built a loyal customer base, and constantly improved themselves to build ‘AWesome’ tools, and helped customers cope with the changing email marketing climate.
Why should I get Aweber?
Aweber is such a piece of software that hosts your emailing list, helps you create enticing newsletters, and deliver them to your customers. Aweber has a vast array of templates, which you can use, customize to create attractive newsletters. Aweber has also plenty of tools that you can use to build a successful promotional campaign. Effective marketing campaign engages customers, and generates brand awareness. And, you can confer getting-the-word-out task on Aweber surely.
- Campaign Management – when it comes to selecting an email marketing platform, the first question you need to ask is how easy and fast is it create a professional-looking email, and deliver it? Aweber’s treatment toward emails are a lot different from other services’. Aweber has varied tools to make your tasks easy with automated campaigns. Aweber offers a Drag and Drop editor to run its Campaign Manager. The feature allows you to create a campaign without having prior coding experience. You also have the opportunity to create your own email templates using the Aweber’s Email Template Manager. The manager allows you to customize existing stock templates or write one on your own with Aweber’s API. Moreover, you can make your Follow-up emails automated with the Campaign Manager. Automation delivers your Welcome emails to a user who is just added. You can timetable your automated campaigns, and send them at certain periods of time.
Instructions on Creating a Campaign
- First of all, you need to create a message to be added to your campaign.
- Hover over the ‘Messages’ tab, then click on ‘Drafts’.
- Then, click ‘Create a Message’ button to select a message editor. ‘Drag & Drop Email Builder’ is the most popular.
- Again, Messages > Campaigns
- Click the Create a Campaign button.
- Name your campaign, and click ‘Create’.
- Select On Subscriber option if you want your subscribers to begin your campaign, or select Tag Applied if you want your subscribers to begin your campaign with tags.
- Now you can start adding ‘Actions’ onto your ‘Canvas’.
- On your left side, there are different ‘Actions’ available like Send a Message, Wait, and Apply Tag.
- Click Save & Exit to save your campaign.
- Click the drop down menu on the campaign’s Status to change it.
- Autoresponders – Autoresponders allow you to automate your communications with your subscribers. Aweber’s autoresponders deliver newsletters to subscribers from you at pre-determined intervals. For instance, if a customer subscribes to your service, you may want to send them a welcome message. If the customer buys a product, you may want to send a Thank You message. Aweber has tools to automate these tasks. Even if after two months, the customer does not return, you can automate sending out coupons for bringing them back.
Creating Your First Aweber Autoresponder Email
- Messages > Follow Up Series
- Select Drag and Drop Builder
- Input a subject line and body text
- You can customize the mail with Drag and Drop option on your left
- Click Save & Exit when you are finished
- Then, Send Options > Add to Follow Up Series
- A message will appear confirming your mail’s delivery immediately after someone subscribes.
- Tracking Campaigns – want to know who opened your mails, clicked through to your website; who recently subscribed, and who unsubscribed? How about ad tracking, replies, subscriber growth, and location? Yes, you can get detailed data about all of them with Aweber. Once your broadcast is set, you can track, and measure its success through the Reporting Tool. Each campaign has its own follow-up statistics, open, and click rate; you can track progress for each individual campaign.
- Split Testing – A/B testing or split testing is a must-have tool nowadays. If you have different versions of newsletters, and find out which has the best possibility to perform better, then you should do a split test. Split testing applies different versions of your emails to your segments of data, and sends the best one performing to the rest of your database. Aweber allows you to evaluate up to 4 variants of newsletters.
- Advanced Segmentation – you cannot lump all your customers together, and broadcast some random solution to everyone. Some of your customers may be VIP, some of them could inactive. You need to treat your customers individually, and provide appropriate response, this is where segmenting comes handy. I was very pleased to be able to segment my subscribers based on custom fields, and profile information. Anyone who owns a webshop knows the importance of segmenting customers. Segmenting your contacts into similar groups, and sending them relevant mails make customers feel important, and generate brand awareness.
- Subscribers tab > Manage Subscribers
- On the Manage Subscribers page, you will see a Select Field drop down menu. Select ‘Email’ from that menu.
- Type in a subscriber’s email to the empty field on your right.
- Click the Search button
- Once the subscriber’s information appears, click on their name
- In the ‘Additional Notes’ field, type in a note that will discern the customer from other customers
- Repeat the same process when segmenting another subscriber while using the same note to group them.
- Integration with Other Services – when it comes to integrating with third-party sites; hardly is there any other site that could offer as many as integrations as Aweber does. Aweber has tools that allow you to be integrated with PayPal, Amazon, Payments, Facebook, Etsy, Shopify, etc. These integrations ease your financial transaction, and purchasing. For example, you may want to purchase an email sign-up form for your site, Aweber has a plugin for such purpose.
- Solid Sign-Up Process – so, you are integrated with most eCommerce platforms like Shopify, now you want to publish a sign-up form on those sites? Easily configurable, beautifully decorated sign-up forms entice visitors into subscribing; resulting an expansion in your list. Aweber has a collection of 700+ sign-up templates that you can use to create and customize web forms, and solid email sign-up forms quickly. Hundreds of those templates are mobile-responsive.
Creating a sign-up form
- Click on the ‘Sign Up Forms’ located in the navigation menu
- From here, you can either Create a new form, or edit an existing one
- Find ‘Form Type’; a drop-down box located underneath the templates
- Click Form Type to browse through available form types
- Click on the Preview button in the ‘Sign Up Form Generator’ to get a view on the forms interface.
Pricing & Plans
Aweber offers 5 plans (starting from $19 per month). Aweber plans are designed in a way, so that small businesses can get started, and grow. Aweber plans have no hidden surprises.
Aweber has a free 30-day trial system for evaluation. You can use Aweber features, and evaluate Aweber within that period for completely free. Not many companies display such audacity. A 30-day period gives you enough time to learn about all the features Aweber has to offer. After the 30-day trial, you can purchase a plan from all the six plans mentioned above. If you have a subscriber base greater than 25,000, then you can ask Aweber for a quote.
Customer Support – Aweber is comprised of highly-trained, experienced, and knowledgeable support team. You can get a hold of an Aweber rep 7 days a week. You can contact the support team via phone calls, live chat, and email. However, phone and chat support management is only available during business hours. Additionally, you can receive a free 7-day course on what to write in emails. There are plenty of video tutorials available to help you out on your email marketing journey, and almost every field has a link to guide you with relevant help text.
Product : Aweber
Product Type – email marketing tool
Difficulty : easy to use
What I Like
- Attractive, large collection of templates
- Can be easily integrated with other web apps
- Excellent email deliverability rate; 99.34%
- Mobile-responsive newsletters
- Free 30-day trial
What I Don’t Like
- No Google Analytics
- No Webinar
The Wrap Up – Aweber offers extreme ease, and flexibility in using templates, and customizing them to create gorgeous emails in no time. A beginner will find Aweber extremely useful with all the video tutorials, and help guide. Aweber’s intuitive features made it popular among marketing experts that entrepreneurs should consider using Aweber. And, you should too. Don’t worry; there’s a free 30-day trial.