Last Updated on
Content marketing tools play a crucial role for the content marketers, as it helps in reaching the content to the highly engaged audience with the help of advertisements on news feeds. It also helps in creating brand awareness and relationship building at every stage of the business.
Why people need content marketing tools?
People need these tools to generate unique ideas about the topic of the content. You can type in a word, that is related to the topic in your mind, and you can get a lot of ideas that are semantically relevant to that particular word.
These tools help in making grammar corrections so that one can have content with no errors. These tools help in providing the ideas as to what content one should prepare.
There are also the graphical tools that can provide great features to your content to make it more attractive for the readers.
People also use content marketing tools to publish their content on their website to improve SEO ranking. If you want to know the insights of your audience, then there is a tool that surveys the feedback and provides it to the content owner.
How do these tools help in the success of the contents?
The tools of content marketing are broadly categorized, which helps people to succeed with the application of these tools. These content marketing tools possess some amazing characteristics which make the content very effective.
These tools are of varied nature from `analytical tools,` which measures the marketing results, goals, and traffic volume to their website. This article also covers the `customer retention management tool,` which provides the insights of the content.
In addition to that, there is a `content marketing management tool,` that enables one to plan and manage the content marketing program. This tool is mostly used by digital marketers.
Apart from the types mentioned above of tools, there is `social media management tool` and `email marketing tool.` All these effective kinds of tools with great features are very useful and help people in making successful content.
The Content Marketing Tools List
I have started using ContentStudio for a couple of months and I am just loving it. You can search for any topic you want and find the most shared stories of this world using which you can build your own content. You can discover topics and curate the stories for your social media posts (and plenty of automation stuff there to automate your whole month of social media content journey). Even, you can follow your topic competitors of any niche so that you will never face the shortage of new contents or ideas. 🙂
I tried Buffer, Publer, SocialBee, and found ContentStudio owns more features and automation options than the competitors.
- Content Discovery
- Influencers Discovery
- Content planning, composting, publishing, and automation
- Analyzing existing contents and competitors
- Curating the best contents from the web and social automation
- It asks you to revalidate your social profiles (specially Facebook) often which I found really irritating.
Besides the text-based blogging and marketing; videos are playing an important role in 2020 as people these days love watching videos. So, making quick videos has been a priority for every brand and business out there and InVideo is leading the market now. With millions of stock photos, videos, and graphics, you can make a professional video using InVideo with their easy-to-use interface and built-in tools.
There are similar content marketing app found online named Rocketium & Lumen5. I tested these along with InVideo and found it better than others.
- Curated video themes to kick start your video using the existing templates
- Multiple users can be added
- Internal storage available for backing up your videos
- You can set brand presets for separate clients or websites or brands
- 750p and 1080p video output
- Facebook, Pinterest, Google and Instagram video ad maker
- Poster maker
- Website article to video maker
- Professional video intro and outro templates
- Invitation and any events based cards and templates
- Coupons, slideshows, bumper ads, classified ads, quotes, testimonials, greetings, reviews, and rating video templates
- Desktop like video editing in the web (similar to Camtasia) so that you can add your own videos, graphics on the InVideo app
The video & image media library is still small comparing to the Lumen5. This should be more rich and covers every kind of niches of this world so that bloggers or marketers from any industry can make videos for their blogs/websites.
It is one of the most widely used content publishing tools in the world. They also provide super fast hosting (if you use their hosting via WordPress.com and building the website) along with some premium plugins and custom features. WordPress is a friendly CMS for the people who are beginners, and it helps you kickstart your content marketing effort to a great extent because you can start your own website/blog within just 30 minutes.
I especially like WordPress because of its easiness to deploy everything unlike Squarespace, Weebly, Wix, or similar blogging platforms. You will get plugins for anything and literally hundreds of new plugins for free and professional-looking themes are being launched at every single day for WordPress.
- Free to use
- Free plugins
- Free themes
- Community support
- Almost every theme on their directory is mobile responsive and thus you don’t have to worry about Mobile Traffic.
- SEO friendly
- Easy to customize everything you can think of
- Comparatively slower than other blogger platforms. See a page speed study done by Backlinko.
- Security issues happen occasionally, so you may have to spend extra money on backup plugins and site security.
4. Google Docs
It is used by almost every content marketer, as all the work is done here before it gets posted. It includes documents, presentations, spreadsheets, web forms, and drawings. The main taking of Google Docs is, it is super easy to use and no need to set up the tool itself (just need a Gmail account which you have I guess) providing a pleasant experience to the user.
I love the feature of instant saving facilities of Google Drive while writing your contents and adding collaborators for your content so that your writing team can join with you.
- Collaboration feature
- Instant and auto save options while typing
- Smart editing and styling options
- Free professional looking templates
- Mobile app to write content on the go
- Share your content with any format you like (typical docs, PDF and some others)
- Real time editing feature so that you can see live what is being edited by your team members
- Plenty of free add-ons to do even more stuff
- Comment and chat features (I found it pretty useful if you work with remote writers and ask them something to edit or input)
- Researching ability while writing contents
It does not provide the option to organize the Google Docs and spreadsheets by the folders. One more drawback is that one cannot select multiple tags at the same time from the list.
It checks the grammatical errors in the content and reduces the mistakes by almost 80%. Undoubtedly Grammarly is a lifesaver for the people who makes spelling mistakes often or who wants to write naturally and depends upon the automated tool to do the spellcheck on the go.
What I really love about Grammarly is that- it can correctly identify the words with the same pronunciation that might have been used in the wrong context. And if you think about the vocabulary and the kind of words it can detect – its way improved than ProWritingAid or WhiteSmoke.
- Check grammars, punctuations and fix spelling mistakes with just one click
- Plagiarism checker
- Readability checker
- Tone detection
- Add ons/Extensions for Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Google Docs and Microsoft Word.
- Mobile apps for Android & iOS Devices
- Updated and probably owns the biggest vocabulary numbers comparing to similar writing tools.
- This software follows the spelling rules of the United States English and not British English.
- Price and no life time deals available.
When you talk about Content in 2020, people love images and videos. If you see the traffic trends for Instagram and Pinterest; you will get the idea. Stencil is such a powerful web-app that helps in making pleasant and decent looking graphical designs with just 3 single clicks. It can be used for all kinds of content marketing imagery like blog cover pictures, social media cover photos, etc.
What I like most of Stencil is that – it is super simple to use and the image creation process is so simple and millions of new stock images and media are being updated to their directory every month. Even, I can use any other free photos available online and edit that using the Stencil WP Plugin or the extensions for Chrome.
- You can use your freely made photos anywhere you want and no attribution required
- Pexels and Pixabay – these two giants in Stock Photo space are the partner of Stencil. That means, you can use free high quality images all the time
- You can create custom size for anything and save it to use later
- You can use preset sizes and 75+ pre-made templates for all the major social media platforms
- Auto sharing and scheduling options available and even you can integrate Buffer with your stencil account so that everything gets automated right after you make an image
- Insane amount of photos, templates, icons, fonts and media stuff for free to use
- WordPress plugins to fasten your image editing process (a huge time saver, if you are a blogger like me)
Some editing features is missing (In that sense, Canva is better). You can’t customize or colorize every single letter of a word on a given image.
Well, you just wrote a really good piece of content. You think that your content is super helpful and get noticed by millions of people almost instantly. But sorry to say – it never happens if you just starting out blogging and trying to get some traction in this industry. And this is where Influencers Platforms like Intellifluence come to help you. Using their platform you can instantly reach to thousands of influencers who have millions of millions of fans and followings in different social media channels and they are ready to share your newly written content with their followers.
Interestingly, using Intellifluence, you can choose your exact niche or topic-based influencers so that your articles get maximum exposure, traffics, and signups/sales or leads (whatever your goal is).
- Low cost celebrity endorsement
- Affordable comparing to other platforms like Izea, Traackr or InfluenceMarketingHub
- Private Campaigns
- Marketplace-alike platform so that you can approve or send pitch to whomever you like to
- Some low-quality blogs exist there who fake the DA/PA and hosted on the Blogspot platform (still in 2020).
Analytics is a free tracker from Google and helps you tracking every possible arena of your content marketing campaign. It is easy to use, and one can track his goals, results, and product purchases. You can even see which keywords are being used by the users to find your content and which content they like to read and from which devices or countries.
I like Google Analytics because its free and can be a powerful tool if you can integrate your Webmaster/Search Console data with it.
- Real-time reporting so that you can see which content is trending on your site
- It can track your ads and gives you the data based on performance
- See where your traffics are coming from and who are they and what devices they are using
- If anyone searches on your site’s own search box; you can find that data too
- Visitors flow on your website (page by page and folder by folder basis)
- Data intelligence and anomaly detection for free
There’s a significant learning curve and the data and features seems overloaded for beginners. The interface is clunky and too many options to absorb to find simple data.
Google Alert monitors the important topics and keywords of your chosen niche and set-up alerts for your topics or keywords. You can use your email to get the daily contents and updates of your topic from all over the world directly to your inbox and it is super easy to build trendy content based on those alerts.
I personally like Google Alerts is because, Google’s default website picking for alert is so high quality and vast because of their existing huge index. There are plenty of tools like Buzzstream or ContentStudio does offer the same feature, but Google always picks the trendy articles of any given topic than any other tool out there and this is a surefire thing to use it.
- Get trendy data from news, web, and videos
- Schedule the email alert based on Daily, Hourly, Weekly and so on
- The real-time and super quick content aggregation system
- Getting started and set up is super easy
I didn’t find any downside of Google Alerts as it is a focused tool and exactly does what it meant to do.
If you are a content marketer, an Idea guy or a research guy who like to research a lot and take notes before writing; Notion is here to help on every steps. The interface is clean and intuitive. Just sign up and you are set to go with editing, creating content and decorating your content as like a webpage.
The awesomeness lies with Notion in its simplicity and clean interface and the options to edit/customize every single thing of your data or contents. You can use this tool at anything you want. P.S- Don’t use Notion too much or you might be addicted on it. 🙂
- All in one workspace (write, plan, take notes, create checklists and get your work done)
- You can use this app as a project management tool as well
- Unlimited content planning for free
- Daily to-dos creation
- Web clipper
- Web App, iOS and Android App
- Assign your content ideas to your writers
- Templates to get started with your workforce
- Create timeframe of your content or your project
- Firefox and Chrome Extension
- Journals, wikis, blog posts, goals, note-taking, agenda making – there is a question is – what you can’t do with Notion?
You can only use 5MB of storage (for file uploads) of Notion for free. For paid members, this is limitless though.
Bonus Content Marketing Links
(The above 10 is necessary but you can try these too)
Mailchimp: it is the most important content marketing tool based on the email purposes of the company. There is some good alternative to these tools like Convertkit, Aweber, GetResponse, and Sendy.
Loom: it is an easy application that enables one to create, edit, and share screencast and video recorded contents. It is great for communicating quick questions and concepts with the other team members.
Adobe Photoshop: it is a good tool if one wants to make graphic designs as per his desire. It is the best tool for editing and creating images with multi-effects.
Google Optimize: it is the qualitative insight platform most suitable for beginners.
Vidyard: it is a video marketing tool that effectively helps one to host, share, and promote the video content on the website. It also contains the solution for sales and marketing.
Air table: it is a management tool and is mostly used for editorial calendars and writer management. Though customizable, it is a bit complicated tool for the users.
Trello: it is the best tool if one is working with more number of writers. It is a project management tool that can be used for many purposes.
The Stock.IM: it aggregates various stock photo sites in the list of content marketing tools.
Mutiny: it provides personalization which allows one to deliver unique content.
OptinMonster: it provides attractive email signup forms and is great for the lead generation.
MonsterInsights: it provides up to date traffic reports of the website in the WordPress dashboard.
Tailwind: it is a simple tool that can automatically optimize the social media schedules based on when the audience is most active.
BuzzSumo: it looks for the most popular contents that are trending over a particular period.
What other tools you personally use instead of the tools mentioned in the list above?
Yoast it is a tool based on SEO focused content. It is an important plugin for the WordPress site or blog to optimize content for SEO. It also helps in implementing the required rules for SEO. Though easy to use, it does not revolutionize the search engine all on its own.
Comment below and let us know so that we can update it often.