Last Updated on
We all love to see our comment box with zero spams.
I think, it’s not only me but any bloggers of this world really hate comments spammers; to be honest!
But, there is no plugin I found which can make a complete shield to those bot spammers. I tried with Akismet, CleanTalk and some other popular plugins out there. Nothing really worked for me.
But Google actually made a way to rescue us from any sort of website spams where the end-users are responsible for building them btw.
It is Recaptcha.
Google Recaptcha not only prevents comment spam but also protect your website from any kind of form spamming like spam on Contact Form, Spam on Registration and Login form as well.
Step by step Guideline to Integrate Google’s ReCaptcha in your WordPress Blog
Step 01: Download this Free Simple Google Recaptcha Plugin (it’s updated often and to me, the easiest one to use). And then install it on your WordPress site and activate it.
Step 02: From your WordPress dashboard; click on “Settings” and then click on “ReCaptcha” to open up their settings page. Keep this tab opened and move to the next step (we will come back here later).
Step 03: Click on this Google Captcha page (you may need a Gmail account to sign in) and give it a name in the Label section. Check the mark in “reCAPTCHA v2” from Recaptcha Type and then also click to the “I’m not a robot” Checkbox.
Step 04: Add your website (without https, just the domain name) on the “Domains” section.
Step 05: Click on the checkbox at “Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service‘ and click on that big blue “Submit” button.
Step 06: On the next page you will find Site Key and Secret Key. Just copy them one by one and paste them into your WordPress settings showed at Step 02 above. And save the settings. Bingo!
The Recaptcha feature should be showing up on your blog under your comment section/registration form/contact forms from now on.
You can check your posts or pages from other browsers where no-cache/cookies are stored to see the Google Recaptcha live in action.
From now on, if anyone wants to publish a spammy comment; they have to match either an image or solve mathematical puzzles. The spammer’s bot doesn’t have that much intelligence to solve these automatically! So you are safe from any spamming ahead.
And what about the real users and commenters? They can easily comment on filling captcha as well because they love your content and really wants to share something that adds value!
Best 5 Recaptcha Plugin For WordPress Site
Except Google’s own Recaptcha system; there are couple of WordPress Plugins available. You can easily deploy the most powerful captcha system and you just need to install a plugin from the list below –
1. Advanced No Recaptcha: This plugin actually works at backend and filter the spammy or phishy IPs automatically by checking their IP background. 100k+ activate installations proved it that how much effective this plugin is.
2. Recaptcha Version 2 for Contact Form 7: Contact Form 7 is probably the most used Contact plugin for WordPress. And the spammers target these Contact Form pages usually and you get a lot of spam emails every single day. Just use this plugin and forget it. It will take care of the rest. 100k+ active installs to date.
3. Invisible Recaptcha For WordPress: This plugin works like Recaptcha V2 but works in the simplest way. Stop spam bots now with this plugin. More than 100k+ installations by today.
4. Login No Recaptcha: Want to stop brute force attack and spammers to keep guessing your website’s login credentials? This plugin which has 80k+ installations right now will save you from now on. It adds an extra layer of Captcha on your WordPress login page so that automated spam login bot have to face some extra captcha and security options and you can stay in peace.
5. Recaptcha by BestWebSoft: With over 200k+ active installs, this plugin seems the most popular one for the WordPress Developers and site owners. Just activate it and set the BestWebSoft’s API and you are good to go.
Not all Captcha Plugin may suite your site. So, I would suggest you try Google’s Official Re-captcha system first with the Simple Google Recaptcha Plugin and then try with any of the plugins mentioned above.
Facing any issues implementing this guide?
Let me know by commenting below.