In the world of social media management, it’s difficult to know for sure which platform best suits for marketers to use. There’s no doubt that there are a bunch of different toolkits out there. You have to decide which one is perfect for you and don’t forget that there’s no one-size-fits-all solution.
As we always say at Social Driver, start with your organization’s goals. If you are a social media manager for multiple businesses or running an organization, social media marketing software product help makes your job easier by killing two (or ten) birds with one stone.
Sprout Social vs. Hootsuite is a comparison of two social media management tools that both do a lot. If you are facing a tough time picking the right marketing tool for your company, then here we are to help you find the best tools on the market.
Meet the competitor:
Hootsuite: Started in 2008, it’s one of the oldest and perhaps the most broadly known social media tool. This industry heavyweight is an experienced in the social media management world. Its mission was simple and wanted to help marketers manage their social media accounts in one place.
Sprout Social: Founded in 2010, is the young gun of the social media management world and created to help businesses and customers communicate more freely. This comparative newcomer also called just ‘Sprout,’ and have the ability to integrate with the various third-party sites.
Sprout Social vs HootSuite
The two on the table today are Sprout Social and Hootsuite. This social media tools represent a huge market share and have a ton of features as well as their own set of weaknesses which may impact your final decision. So you need to research them thoroughly before you make a choice. Let’s take a look!
Hootsuite: In-Depth Analysis
Pricing: Hootsuite has five tiers of plan. The lowest tier is free and gives you a meager 3 social profiles, very basic analytics, and content scheduling.
Pro Version Features:
- 10 Social Profiles
- Real-time analytics
- Auto scheduling
- Social sweepstakes
- Unlimited RSS integrations
- Up to 20 Social Profiles
- Customized analytic views
- Bulk content scheduling
- Team assignments
- Limited social campaigns
- Custom Branded URL
- 1-on-1 training
- Hootsuite platform certification
- Up to 50 Social Profiles
- Advanced analytics with data exports
- Publishing approvals
- Unlimited App Integrations
- Unlimited social campaigns
- Multiple Custom Branded URLs
- Platform & social marketing certifications
- 24/7 priority support
- Extended 1-on-1 training
Enterprise plans: Custom pricing and depend on the number of users.
Primary Focus: Manage all your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram and integrates with Feedly RSS) in one spot with a customizable dashboard that lets you see several feeds at once.
- Hootsuite offers a free plan or a 30-day free trial.
- Dashboard automatically-updating columns called “streams.” which make it easy to monitor several metrics at once.
- Monitor other third-party sites like Foursquare and Yelp
- Continuously upgrading and adding new features to improve the experience
- Mobile apps and browser add-on to easily share content from the web
- Supports Facebook Ads (in Beta)
- Analytics reports are expensive
- Can only connect one service to one Hootsuite account at a time
- No reports
Sprout Social: In-Depth Analysis
Pricing: Sprout Social has four plan tiers, all of which start off with a 30-day free trial. The lowest tier is Deluxe at $59 per user per month. Includes all standard features including social inbox, publishing tools, Supports up to 10 profiles at once, scheduling tools, a content calendar, location monitoring, and reporting.
Premium Plan Features:
- $99 per user per month
- Complete Social Media Management
- All-in-one Social Inbox
- Publishing, Scheduling & Drafting
- Social Content Calendar
- Comprehensive, Unlimited Reporting
- Monitor Profiles, Keywords & Locations
- Includes up to 10 Social Profiles
Team plan Features:
- $500 per month, 3 users
- Message & Content Tagging
- Message Approval Workflow
- Advanced Keyword Listening
- Team Reporting & Permissions
- Dedicated Account Management
- Includes up to 30 Social Profiles
- + Includes all Premium Features
Enterprise Plan Features:
- Starts at 1500 per month, 10 users
- Onboarding & Implementation
- Dedicated Staff with Training
- Advanced Security Features
- Suggested Replies
- Unlimited Audience Size
- Includes up to 50 Social Profiles
- +Includes all Team Features
Primary Focus: An all in one social media management tool which has easy to use interface is straightforward and intuitive. You can schedule, publish, analyze, and engage all in one spot with your audience. Sprout Social takes it one step further for analyzing what your users did on your social media.
- Robust set of features
- It offers a 30-day free trial for all of its plans.
- Export reports to PDF or Excel
- Intuitive and straightforward interface
- Great customer support
- Firefox plug-in to easily share content from the web
- Smart Inbox
- Social CRM
- Ability to tag brands
- No free plan
- Sprout Social is pricier than other social media management tools
- No ability to “save” a particular column to track or monitor a trending topic
Which One Should You Choose?
Selecting the perfect social media management tool is not a simple task but it’s definitely a necessity. Please don’t forget that even though both Hootsuite and Sprout Social may have a dependable length of features each solution could be traced at a diverse business size. The final decision rests upon different factors.
If you are looking for something more advanced with better analytics, Sprout Social will be the best choice. It is much easier to look at and use. It provides more extras, like social CRM and audience unlocking or if you want a tool that lets you manage a part of your customer support through your social media account.
On the other hand, Hootsuite is the most customizable and very much the high roller’s social media tools, with options to integrate more social media networks. If you are a mid-to-large sized business and you can afford the price of their reports and want to track easily many streams on one screen then Hootsuite will be the great one for your business.
In the end, it depends on your type of business, management circumstances, company policy, and budget. Actually, selecting the right social media management tool is like dating. Both solutions are excellent tools for managing your social media. But you have to try it out and find the right platform to suit your needs.