Besides On-Page SEO, link building plays a vital role to rank a website. Content alone won’t give you enough traffic as you expect, but gaining some links along the way will boost them on Google and more traffic will find the content.
To help new blogger & website owners, we have established this new guideline where we will cover 50+ Effective Link Building Strategies to rank your blog on Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Just read on, take notes and apply these on your own link building campaign –
- Submit Guest post to other blog. Just a quick search on Google will yield tons of guest posting opportunities. Type “Keyword + Write For Us” and bingo.
Why this is on the top of Link building opportunities? Well, this is so far the best source of links because it comes from the targeted niche and content. Just approach them (the website/blog/niche site owner) with your sample writing or new ideas; they will surely let you in their dashboard. What are other search queries to find possible guest posting opportunities? List of Search Parameters of Guest Blogging: submit * guest post keyword submit * blog post keyword add * blog post keyword submit *article keyword suggest *guest post keyword send *guest post keyword write for us keyword become * author keyword guest bloggers wanted keyword guest posts wanted keyword become * guest author keyword become * guest writer keyword guest column keyword Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “guest blog” Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “guest blogger” Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “guest Column” Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “guest article” Keyword/yourCompetitorName + guest post Keyword/yourCompetitorName + guest author Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “write for us” Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “write for me” Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “become a contributor” Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “contribute to this site” Keyword/yourCompetitorName + inurl:category/guest Keyword/yourCompetitorName + inurl:contributors Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “guest blog” + inanchor:contact Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “guest blogger” + inanchor:contact Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “guest Column” + inanchor:contact Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “guest article” + inanchor:contact Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “write for us” + inanchor:contact Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “write for me” + inanchor:contact Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “become a contributor” + inanchor:contact Keyword/yourCompetitorName + “contribute to this site” + inanchor:contact So, you already got a lot of websites to outreach and publish your contents. Good! But, where most of the people stuck is convincing the blog owners with your approach. Here is an outreach email idea to follow – Dear,
I just have came across your http://www.365daysofmotoring.com/ and found that you have a lotof contents based on Automotive and Car Parts/services.I have a similar blog named carcover.com where we are reviewing all the high quality car covers.I have been blogging since 2014 and written some informative articles for other car blogs too.Wonder, if you allow blogs from others!I would like to write an article for you which would include the ‘Top 15 Expensive Cars of 2017”.If you like the idea or have any suggestions; then please let me know.I will come up a great unique article for you that would be 1000 words long and I am sure that your existing readers will love it.Looking forward to your reply. Thanks,Your Namecarcovers.com
- Find out some blogs that are related to your industry and start commenting and make sure they are relevant to your site. They may not provide you too much value but still they work.The quickest way to find blogs that approves comment are performing a query on Google like – “Your Keyword + Blog + Leave a Reply”.While commenting, make sure you adds value, supply your real opinion and ask questions to the author to trigger a reply and make your backlinks more authoritative.
- Find out some relevant forums and link to your blog.Its like previous method to find blogs. In this technique we have to find related forums. To do this; just search on Google by tying: “Your Keyword + Forum”. This will yield hundreds of forums.Register on couple of forums that are active, be active there and put your links in the signature box.
- Social bookmarking is another way to build easy backlink. So, you can target :Google+: Google loves G+ as it is their own website.
Twitter: technically not directly linking you, but their PA & DA makes the link powerful. The more active you are on your Twitter profile; the better.
Facebook: Google follows the link shared on Facebook these days.
Pinterest: Can give maximum exposure and link juices if your content are based on images and infographics.
LinkedIn: Using LinkedIn Pulse; you will get lots of visitors and dofollow backlinks.You know social sharing is a great way to rank your blog using the Social Signal metrics. You may have to take the next step to make it even more powerful. Just write e-mail to the influencers of your industry who are writing about your topic on their blog or social channels and motivate them to share it with social media. Create a unique and outstanding Title of your articles and posts. Clickbait articles titles help go viral on social media. This can help you to get many quality backlinks from different blogs as everyone loves sharing such articles.
- Question answering site is one of the best ways to get quality backlink. Join Q&A site and link your blog in threads. Quora and Yahoo answers are the best examples for this strategy!Submit your blog to Blogging Communities & Groups that are related to your niche. This is one of the easiest and simple way to make backlink and blog engage. Ask a related question in Q&A site where you can add your blog link. It can be Quora or Yahoo answers. You can also answer questions on those sites and share your blog as a resource link.
- Interlink to your new blog posts with your old blog posts. It will be helpful for keeping the visitor long time and reduce your bounce rate. For example, Web 2.0 Link Building is linking to a page of this same website.
- Exchange links with other niche bloggers and you have to keep it natural. And remember too much link following this method can be harmful to your blog as Google will catch this and flag your site.Make sure your links are from the body of the content and the niche are extremely relevant.
- Top blogging directories are the great way to make quality backlink. So, blogger submits your blog to top directories and don’t forget to check the qualities. DMOZ is one of the good directories you should approach to.
- If you are running a local blog then submit your blog to local directories. It’s a great way to reach your blog, to a local reader. To find the local directory; just type “Country Name + Directory”.This works great if you promote your company or website in your local community. But for the international exposure; it works great too as it ultimately results you a good citation group.
- Create a network with other bloggers who are related to your blog, where is a huge chance to share your blog and link. Search “Your Root Keyword + Blog” to find related blogs, comment regularly, email the author and get introduced.
- StumbleUpon is the best way to find and share web content. So, submit your article on it and get some links.
- Add your blog on Digg, it will give you dofollow backlinks and very popular on the web.
- RSS directories are another way to get links. So, submit your site’s RSS on popular RSS directories named Feedgy, Topix and RSSMicro.Caution: RSS links are not high quality and should be your last target to get.
- Submit your blog on Press Releases submission sites and get huge visitors along with quality links to your blog. Some popular free press release submission sites are: Free-Press-Release, Newswire, OnlinePRNews and PRLog.org
- Find out some review Forum and submit your blog on this forum.To find the review forum, just type “Review Forum + Your keyword” on google.
- Make a free theme and add your blog link in its footer. If you have any development or CMS related business or blogs; this can be effective. Just pay 50 to 100 bucks on Upwork and get your theme ready and publish to WordPress Free Theme directory. You can get $1000 worth of Backlinks by spending $100 on creating a free theme for WordPress.
- Try to make a free WordPress plugin where you can add your site link. Follow the tips I gave earlier for WordPress theme. Make one and submit to WordPress’s Free Theme Directory.
- Write your ebooks and submit them to the free ebook sharing sites like Wattpad or Issuu. Include your links on those ebooks. Google these days can read the text of Ebooks; so the links. You know what I mean. 🙂
- Make PDF and submit it in the document sharing sites like Google Drive, Slideshare, 4shared, edocr and ThinkFree Docs.
- Find out where your competitors are getting links from. List these all and approach them to get your backlinks also. To find the competitor’s link building source; you can use ahrefs, semrush and Open Site Explorer to analyze and get the source in the excel sheet.Just check the link and find a way to get links from the same domain. As your competitors found a way, you should find the same or another way to get the links towards your site.
- Give a link to the related blogs or articles and let the bloggers know that you gave a link. In return, they might think of linking your website back at the near future.
- Make a connection or interview the top bloggers and ask them to share your blog on social networks.
- Give testimonials to marketers you have worked with or know and also give your link, most of the time they will link back to you from the testimonial page.
- Create some web2.0 site and promote your website there. Link back from web 2.0 sites to your main sites from the relevant articles. Most popular Web 2.0 sites are: Blogger, Tumblr, WordPress, Weebly and Squidoo.
- Always try to write a high-quality or resourceful article to your blog and this way they will get powerful backlink naturally.
- Always try to write Viral or Controversial article. Check Google Trends to know what the set of topics are trending and viral now on all over the world.
- Try to write a viral news article and you need to be the first person in this article. Use Google alert to get updated with the latest news that the mainstream media are picking. Write a blog about it at the very first phase of its being viral and get the link juice from all over the world.
- Try to write link bait and list type article because they can go viral effortlessly. Even people love to reference them as well.
- Write an article about industry bloggers and talk about their achievement and reasons to like them. Most of them will like to link you back.
- Trade post with other bloggers who are of your niche. This is little bit risky but what you can do is write a relevant article and offer them to publish these on their site. Offer them that, you will also publish their articles on your site at future.
- Add your site to .edu or .gov blogs. You can add your blog as comments. These are authority site and google love this type of links from edu and gov blogs.
- You can also add your website to .edu or .gov forums in the signature portion. This will help ranking your blog as faster as you can image.Here are a list of Dofollow .edu forums list on DigitalPoint to build your links: Click Here.
- Make or connect some groups like Google or Yahoo groups. Build a community and help other people with your links and resources.
- Make a Wikipedia page for your website where you can add your blog easily. Become an editor, spend some time to develop other infos and then get back to build your own. It takes time but worth it.Try to provide your link on Wikipedia’s resource link.
- Make or write an article which has “the ultimate” in the title. This type of article gets backlinks easily.
- Blogging contest is a great way to get links. Once you announce, people will start linking back to your website.
- Sponsoring is a great way to get lots of backlinks. Check SponsorMyEvent website to become a sponsor.There are lots of other sponsor related sites to get backlinks.The donation is another way to get a link back your site easily.
- Try to create a great tool regarding your business and if people love it, they will give you some links to your blog. If you are in SEO field; build one SEO tool. If you are in Finance field; build a Tax Calculator online. You get the idea.Launch a big product on the market to get popularity and natural links from the review sites and related bloggers.
- Try to make a firefox extension and make a page for it. Most of the blogger may link you back.
- Write the Top 50 or 100 list-type article about celebrities. People tend to share this kind of article and link back to you.
- Make a list of top bloggers and provide the link to as many bloggers as you covered; in return, you will get links from their own post.
- Make a friendly relationship with your theme designer and ask him to add your website as an example in their portfolio.
- Add your resume to resume directories.
- Write how to posts, this type of article is great to get natural links.
- Add your blog images to image directories to get backlinks.
- Write on about.com and add blog link on it. Find related sites like About.Com and this linking strategy can be used in lot of websites.
- Make some viral and unique video, upload them on YouTube and add your blog links.
- Make Private blog Networks using Expired Domains. Build a networks with 5-10 expired domains, put contents there and link back to your main site.Rich your PBN and make it natural. Use social icons, share the content on Social Media and make the sites completely natural and put human touch on every section of it.
- You can provide free downloads on your site. Free downloadable stuffs automatically get backlinks.
- Make an article about the comparison of various companies to find out which one is the best. The best company may link you back.
- Try to add your blog to top paid Directories like Yahoo Directory and more.
- Make apps and submit them to app directories. Get backlinks to your site form the App Profile.
- Search ‘Your Keyword + Resources’ on Google. Use ScreamingFrog to check every page for any broken links. Contact with the websites that – “You have a broken link and here is the link (of yours) which will add more value to your website”.
Top 10 Most Effective Link Tracking Tools for SEO
Hi, dear, welcome to top 10 link tracking tools for SEO. To beat the competition, you have to check on your competitors’ every marketing move. If you want to stay on the market then you have to track competitors’ search rankings, article, social media connection, emails, and everything else they do to boost their business. There have thousands of free and paid SEO tools that monitor not only your website performance but also that of your competitors.
You know, quality links are an important part of any website marketing and search engine optimization programs to increase traffic and revenue. And these top 10 link checking tools will help to do SEO in the coming year. And we have made a list of popular link tracking tools those will save your time.
With a huge, updated index Majestic is one of the top link analysis tools and allows users to track link information for any domain, their own or competitor’s website. The tool also has many helpful propriety metrics and users can obtain a more detailed report that includes unique links and their anchor text “TrustFlow” and “CitationFLow” and much more.
Link Research Tools is also one of the solid link analysis tools with some link building features available in the market. This link tracking tool is pretty useful too. I should say the tools are really easy to use as well. It has a cool feature named “Link Detox” tool. And this features will automatically scan your backlinks and shows you which links put you at risk of a Google penalty.
Monitor Backlinks is new to the market but has already acquired a grand reputation. It’s a wide SEO platform that gives you info on newly achieved backlinks, keyword rankings, and site speed and you can also track various competitors’ backlinks, disclose a bunch of negative backlinks, and find quality ones. I especially like the dashboard because it’s clean and provides you only the necessary information you need. You can also estimate the traffic gain based on keyword positioning and endeavor to improve backlinks to a particular website.
Moz Pro is a software is an all-in-one tool for increasing your business’ search ranking that contains quality tools for link analysis (Open Site Explorer), on-page optimization, keyword research, track growth, build reports and optimize their overall efforts. Moz’s Keyword Explorer is one of the great keyword research tools on the market. Because it gives great and helpful information on SERP features that appear in the search results for a given keyword.
An industrial-level link opportunity finder. Link Prospector scans the web for link building opportunities like resource pages, links pages, guest posts, directories, forums, and blogs out there, that there is a high probability you could get a link from. Link Prospector can really enlarge upon those concepts, once you have identified a certain type of link you’d like to focus on and also help to a mountain the data you get back.
If you need a quick overview of the quality of your backlink profile then Kerboo is the best SEO tools suite for search engine marketing pros. If you have any ideas about SEO then you will know that your rankings can be greatly impacted by low-quality links pointing to your website from other sites on the net. Kerboo has a superb feature named “LinkRisk” analyzes your link profile and identifies spammy backlinks Includes backlink analysis, link prospecting, on-site SEO audits and rank tracking.
SEOmoz Linkscape inbound link tracking tool offers both a free basic plan and an advanced plan with a subscription to SEOmoz PRO which is providing you the opportunity to take a closer look at your (competitor’s) link profile. And the best features of this tool is knowing the number of unique linking domains pointing links at a specific site, but that feature is for paying members only.
Raven is a SEO pro-level tools suite designed for digital marketing agencies including a Links Manager that allows you to easily manage the link status, contacts, and tasks related to each link. This tools perhaps has the best site auditor tool I’ve ever used. Raven will automatically alert if any changes have occurred and show you exactly what you need to do to fix any SEO issues that your site has for example, if the nofollow attribute was added on an active link, the anchor text changed, the PageRank changed, or the link was removed.
I love this tool because of its super cool feature, “Thin content” reveals content that might put you at risk for a Google Panda penalty.
This free Chrome extension gives you important SEO info from within your browser. It’s an impressive tool that does offer a lot of quick functionality in the free version, for example, it will analyze your page’s basic SEO metrics (like title tags that are too long). This tool is also great for competitor analysis because it shows you the site’s Facebook and Twitter pages, what technology they’re using on their site, and traffic estimates and much more.
Back in 2007, HubSpot introduced a tool named Website Grader that helped businesses and gives an overall SEO score for websites based on inbound links, website traffic, SEO, Google PageRank, the number of inbound links, social popularity and other factors. It’s a free tool and all you need is your website URL, along with competitor’s site URLs and an email address to get started. Simply plug in your information and are then emailed a detailed report in just a matter of seconds.
You know there have tons of other link tracking tools ranging from the SEOBook toolbar and Backlink Harvester to SEO Spyglass Link Assistant. But it’s really hard to know which one will be great for business. And I hope these 10 that we shared should be a good start. By the way, don’t hesitate to share what web based or desktop software tools have you found to be useful for tracking links? Let us know in the comments section below.
Bottom Line: Link building is a continuous process. Once you start building backlinks for your website; you will face many untapped resources and sources to build links. Just start with any of this list and you will discover more ideas to work with.
Share this article with your SEO friend who want to improve their link building skills from now on. 🙂