Last Updated on
Do you want your financial solution to rank at the top?
Would you like to attract more clients to your financial solution website?
A financial advisor has to do plenty of things with money. He/she decides what to do with your investment and sets the course of action for you. As a financial advisor, you have a lot of things on your plate.
It’s a common challenge for financial advisors to find the resources and the time to appeal to the right clients. By attracting the right clients, you can take your business to the next level. But, with so many tasks overlapping each other, you may feel lost among the tasks.
So, what can you do?
To increase visitors to your website and convert them to clients?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) offers a range of systems and methods to help your site get to rank at the top. Once you are able to reach the top of search engine result pages (SERPs), you will be able to drive more visitors to your website.
With more visitors, you stand a real chance to convert them to prospective clients.
Whether you are just starting a new website or improving an old one, SEO has solutions for you. With SEO, you can optimize your website to attain a top position in the SERPs. Following your advance in the SERPs, you can encourage more and more clients to take financial suggestions.
Why SEO for a Finance Site?
According to a recent research: organic search makes up 73% of all traffic to service industry websites.
The above stat proves search marketing is the next big thing in the marketing world. Having a website these days isn’t enough. You have to optimize your website in a way, so that your clients can find you in the virtual realm.
There is a range of financial clients across the web. Many require different types of financial assistance. With SEO, you can come at the forefront of financial services. Your website can attract more and more clients to your business.
The finance industry is the lifeblood of all businesses. Every day billions of dollars worth of transaction has occurred across the world. Financial organizations are understanding the importance of having an online campaign.
When there is a massive amount of cash involved, there must be lots of competitors. According to Alexa, the number of eCommerce sits run in the English language alone claims a whopping 110,000.
All these sites are competing for the same thing.
And, that’s a rank in the first page of search results.
One single search in Google can produce hundreds of thousands of results. Therefore, a searcher is highly unlikely to visit pages past the first page of search results. If your website is listed in the first page of the results, people are likely to visit your site.
So, how can your financial advisor site rank in the first page of search results?
In this guide, I am going to discuss everything you need to know about getting your site fully optimized as per SEO. Let’s find out how:
Yes, by following all the four steps, you can sure optimize your financial advisor site for search engines.
Without further ado, let’s get started:
Keyword Research for Financial Advisor Websites
Any SEO campaign should begin with keyword research. In addition, financial advisor SEO will begin with keyword research. Keyword research is significant. Because keyword research will deliver exactly what you are looking for.
Without the right keyword research, you will be lost. You will not make out which way you are going and who your target audience is.
How can you begin your own keyword research?
Of course, you will hear about certain keywords that you will want to rank for. You will have to integrate those main keywords in your financial activities, etc.
What will happen if your competitors target those keywords?
Yes, your competitors will aim the keywords you are targetting. If your competitors have a strong power, then they are going to outrank you. But, no fears when you have low competition keywords. Super cool low competition keywords will be helpful for keyword discovery.
What are low competition keywords?
- Keywords that have good traffic volume
- Keywords that have a moderate search volume, but low competitiveness (KD) according to ahrefs and semrush.
- Keywords that will help you convert visitors into prospective customers
- Keywords that your competitors aren’t targeting
- Keywords that can rank your financial website quickly
Here is a Keyword Research sheet i just have done recently for one of my clients (who were just starting out with a new website):
|1||best way to invest 50000||200||2|
|2||business idea png||200||2|
|3||short term investment||1500||2|
|4||long term savings plan||50||1|
|5||best way to invest money short term||150||1|
|6||short term investments||600||2|
|7||best short term investment||500||2|
|8||financial goal planner||150||0|
|9||best investment plan with high returns||1600||3|
|10||5 million dollars||200||3|
|11||where to invest money for short term||200||2|
|12||short term investment ideas||40||2|
|13||risk free investments||80||3|
|14||short term investments examples||70||3|
|15||harris poll online||150||2|
|16||maximum return on investment||70||3|
|17||income generating assets||200||3|
|18||self employment opportunities india||40||2|
|19||best short term investment options||250||1|
|20||short term savings plan||100||3|
- If you check this sheet, you see all of my researched keywords have little to moderate search volumes. Its because, when you will just start your website, you can’t compete with the industry giants instantly. You have to slowly build your online assets and SEO authority and then you can target slightly better keywords.
- You will also see the “Difficulty” columns where I marked each keyword with a competitiveness score from 0 to 100. So, when you will target a keyword that has the Difficulty score of 2; you can easily rank them and start getting traffics.
Choose Keywords for Blog Topics
Creating blog content by targeting the keywords can help you in ranking your finance website. Find keywords that could offer extra help. You can also make use of long-tail keywords. Create blog content targeting those long-tail keywords.
Long-tail keywords are the unique searches people use to find things online. Use of long tail keywords suggests that people are ready to perform business with you. Long tail keywords may consist of more than one word.
For example you may try ranking for the word “coffee” if you have a coffee shop. However, the data shows “popular” search terms like “coffee” account for less than 30% of the searches performed on the Web.
That’s when you need to take advantage of long tail keywords. According to the leading social media marketing solution, Moz, long tail searches account for the rest of the 70% searches.
The long tail keywords are made up of hundreds of thousands of unique searches.
And, they make up the majority of the world’s ever-growing demand for information through search engines.
To check an in action data; look at the sheet below –
|#||Content Title||Tw||FB Shares||Pin||Total Shares||Total Words|
|1||How To Save Money – Personal Finance Tips||77||2973||11737||14787||250|
|2||In Charts: How American Household Finances are Changing||249||709||10||968||309|
|3||Money Milestones: This is how your finances should look in your 30s||54||5090||102||5246||855|
|4||Couple describes how DeVos family’s Amway scheme destroyed their finances — and their lives||477||4807||1||5285||674|
|5||How Mandelson met Mugabe’s finance minister months before Zimbabwe’s $1.1bn loan plan||271||707||0||978||723|
|6||How to Finance Taking Your Startup to the Big Time||125||315||5||445||775|
|7||How to Prepare Your Finances for Home Ownership||147||4998||33||5178||975|
|8||Japan’s Finance Minister Accidentally Reveals How It All Ends: “War”||202||821||3||1026||510|
|9||How Delaware Keeps Edge in Finance by Supporting Blockchain||79||157||8||244||875|
|10||WikiLeaks: Clinton Foundation Employees Gave Organization Poor Grade for Effectiveness | Breitbart||962||3686||2||4650||262|
|11||Student finance: how to apply||28||44||2||74||154|
|12||How to Automate Your Finances and Save Money||97||30||100||227||506|
|13||How today’s Fed rate hike will affect your finances||13||423||1||437||952|
|14||How Could Blockchain Technology Change Finance? – CoinDesk||55||164||0||219||993|
|15||How to get EU finance||46||19||0||65||212|
|16||6 Tips To Have A Debt-Free Marriage – for the family||8||4894||5833||10735||765|
|17||How to Protect Your Finances After a Layoff | DailyWorth||100||199||13||312||932|
|18||Blockchain in finance: How far we’ve come – Blockchain Unleashed: IBM Blockchain Blog||147||245||0||392||429|
|19||How to Teach Kids About Finance — Show Them the Virtual Money||11||274||84||369||840|
|20||How British Savers Finance Putin’s Russia||67||122||0||189||829|
- Here you will find some article titles which have gained lots of popularity in Facebook, Twitter and in Pinterest in your niche. But interestingly, most of those contents don’t have contents more than 1000 words. Which is definitely a plus sign as you can easily build more contents (comprehensive and detailed content) based on each Title. And the social media traffics always love comprehensive and in detailed content (that are also decorative) where you can outrank your financial blog/website competitors as well.
- On-Page Optimization
On-page optimization is just as equally important as off-page optimization. On-page optimization consists of all the actions you take within your Web pages to help your site rank better.
When it comes on-page optimization, you need to consider 8 key factors:
- Site structure
- Key optimization
- Internal Linking
- Responsive version of a website
- Client reviews
- Rich snippets
- Social media integration
A financial schema tag which you should definitely use; that is actually being overlooked by most of the finance bloggers (as they might not know about it) to stay ahead of the competition.
- Best SEO Tools
As I discussed above running a financial advisor website is complicated. You can automate your SEO campaign to stay above your competitors. There are tools that will help you achieve speed, accuracy, and productivity.
In this section of the article, I am going to discuss the SEO tools that you can use to optimize your rankings.
Here is the list for my favorite SEO tools:
- Moz Keyword Tool
- Screaming Frog
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool
- Authority Labs for Monitoring
- Open Site Explorer
- Citation Labs Broken Link Finder
- Ubersuggest Keyword Suggestion Tool
Using a combination of all these tools will simplify your SEO process and provide you with the essential information to help you achieve better rankings.
Financial Website Technical SEO Checklist
There are a couple of techniques you need to constantly practice when it comes to running an eCommerce website. They are:
- Keep your title tags limited to 55 characters or less in length
- Write your title tag using this formula: Primary Keyword – Secondary Keyword : Brand Name
- Do not duplicate title tags
- Write persuasive meta descriptions
- Keep meta descriptions limited to 150 to 160 characters in length
- Create content targeting important keyword phrase
- Make sure you use the keyword phrase at least 4 times within your website content
- Use your keyword phrase once in your H1 Tag
- Use ALT tags cautiously
- Name all your images in a way that describes your images the best way possible
- Do not use underscores, rather use dashes between the words
- Write as long article (content) as possible.
For building backlinks for your finance websites; you should always keep in mind the following stuff –
- Getting backlinks from Finance and money management blog
- Getting mentions from Finance friends on Twitter, Facebook and from other social media sites and blogs and profiles.
- Giving references and external links to financing and money related blogs.
- Uploading money saving related videos on YouTube and Vimeo and placing your website links on the description.
- Following all the traditional link building techniques which I have outlined in another post. Check this here.
If implemented correctly, SEO will be much beneficial to your financial advisory. If you want to improve website traffic to your financial website, then integrate SEO with your marketing campaign right now!