Last Updated on
Blog or blogging was first started as a way to have an online discussion or informational website or a personal weblog. The term “blog” comes from the “weblog” and like other innovations on the internet many entrepreneurs saw the future of marketing in the blog and the culture of blogging just took off from there. Nowadays, the blog is not only used for marketing purposes but also many people use blogging as a medium to run their home business. If you are interested in blogging and want to start your own blog then this article is for you. This is a detailed guide on how to start a blog and in this guide, I have covered every aspect of blogging from beginner to advance level. So let’s start the journey in the world of blogging!
The Future of Blogging in 2020
Many people have doubts about blogging in 2020 and they think the charisma of blogging has ended and it is not worthy to start a blog in 2020. Well, the reality is blogging has become more competitive in 2020 as many new bloggers are emerging and millions of blogs are creating on the internet every day. Moreover, search engine giant Google is giving more value and priority on high-quality content so the demand for blogging is on the rise and big companies, business owners, online marketers, entrepreneurs are giving more emphasis on blogging. A recent survey on blogging shows some amazing statistics about the blog and all these data indicate the bright future of blogging in 2020. Some of the key blogging statistics are:
- An overwhelming 77% of Internet users regularly read blog posts
- The average reader spends 37 seconds reading a blog post
- 34.5% of all websites on the Internet are powered by WordPress
- 70 million new posts are published on WordPress each month
- 44% of bloggers publish new content between three to six times per month
- 71% of B2B buyers consume blog content during their buyer journey
- 60% of people purchase a product after originally reading a blog post about the product
- Content marketing is 62% cheaper than traditional marketing
- Content marketing produces 3X more leads than paid search
- More than 92% of marketers consider content a valuable asset to invest in
- 50% of marketers say they’d start over focusing on blogging
- 61% of Americans spend 3X more time consuming blog content than emails
- Top ranking content on Google averages between 1,140-1285 words
- Having a blog increases your chances of ranking higher in search by 434%
- Blog posts with 6-13 word long headlines tend to drive more traffic
- Blog posts are 3.5x more likely to get shared on social media by email subscribers
Blogging is permanent and thousands of earnest bloggers are using it every minute to create great content, spread their message, and earn money. So it is completely up to you whether you would join this evergreen platform but remember it is never late to start!
Why Blogging is So Popular among the Internet Marketer
Many online marketers use blogging as a marketing tool to promote products or services and earn money. Nowadays internet marketers are transforming their focus on blogging because those who are not using this platform seeing themselves out of a lot of opportunities. Let’s take a look at some key points on why blogging is very popular among the online marketer.
- It is really easy to start a blog and regardless of skill or profession anyone can start their own blog
- Search engines love contents so internet marketer can use blogging as a search engine optimization (SEO) tool
- Blogging helps the marketer to keep their customers and clients up-to-date with the latest information
- You can increase your expertise, credibility, popularity, and reputation through blogging
- Blogging helps create trust among the customers and you can easily build brand value for your product or service
- Apart from selling products or services, you can also earn money from other options through blogging like advertising, affiliate products, sponsorship programs, etc.
- Blogging is flexible and portable so it’s a great option for people who are in other profession or want to be a lifestyle entrepreneur
Why you should Start a Blog?
Before digging into the main part of the article first, take a look at these questions:
- Do you want to express a message or idea?
- Do you want to build a community for your product or service?
- Do you want to keep your audience/customer up to date with the latest information about your brand?
- Do you want to explain how your product or service works?
- Do you want to create a brand value for your product or service?
- Do you want to earn money online?
If the answer to all the above questions is “Yes” then it is overdue for you to start your own blog. Having a blog can help you inform, educate, promote, and even sell online. But you have to keep your intention clear and remain focus in order to become successful in this platform.
Step by Step Guide on How to Start a Blog
Starting a blog can be very overwhelming and intimidating for you, especially if you are a beginner in this platform and you can make tons of mistakes. However, there are serial steps available to start a blog and if you can follow them step by step then you can easily start a blog on your own. Let’s dig into the detailed guide!
Step 1 – Select a Suitable Niche for your Blog
Before you learn how to start a successful blog, you have to pick a suitable niche for your blog. In blogging, a niche is a specific topic you’ll write content about it on your blog to advertise to a particular market. You have to research a lot before making the final decision about your niche. Once you pick a niche then you have to research how you can make a profit from that niche, what’s your knowledge and expertise about that niche, who is your ideal reader, what’s the future of that niche, and many more. After conducting the research if you are happy with the result then you can finally select the niche for your blog. Here are a few great ways to brainstorm perfect blog niche ideas.
Write Down your Interests
This is a great way you can generate a niche idea for your blog. Write down everything you love to do or talk about whether or not it would be a great niche for your blog. This is the very first stage of blogging so you should think of all the possibilities at this stage. It doesn’t matter whether your niche ideas are very general or weigh in as more specific as long as you have an interest in it. Once you have made a list of your interest take a close look at them. You will definitely find some of your ideas/interests as a perfect niche for your blog. Research them and finally pick the best one as your niche!
Think about what you Read
Take a few moments and think about what blogs do you read passionately, what books you love the most to read, or what types of magazines you follow in your daily life. This way you can also generate niche ideas for your blog. While thinking, you will find out whether you have a wide range of different reading interests or all your reading focus is on one general area. You can also write down the titles of all of the blogs, magazines, and books to analyze and generate ideas for your niche. Narrow down the niche ideas by researching them and check if there is any clear ideas remain for your blog’s niche.
Make a List of your Hobbies, Jobs, and Experiences
Hobbies, jobs, experiences, etc. are a great source of generating niche ideas. What jobs you are doing? What are your hobbies? You might love gardening, love playing instruments, or love playing games, or anything just write them down and make a list. Now analyze the list and you will find many topics about your jobs or hobbies that you can write and start a blog! Starting a blog related to your job or hobby means you don’t require extra research about that topic as you already have vast knowledge about the niche.
Pick a Niche from the Popular Topics
After following the above three steps if you are still stuck on niche ideas for your blog then you can go through the list of popular topics and see if you have an interest in any of the topics or you feel comfortable with any of the topics. This is a very easy and time-saving way of finding niche ideas for a blog because these topics are already popular among the readers and you don’t have to research much about the acceptability of the topic among the readers. Some popular and profitable niche ideas for blogging in 2020 are:
- Travel: If you love traveling and have an interest in this topic then you can start a blog where you can write about city guides, travel tips, cultural differences, destinations around the world, and many more.
- Health: This is a very big niche and here you will find lots of topics to write about like healthy diets, nutrition, and supplements, meditations, herbal remedies, mental health, skincare, traditional medicine, etc.
- Fitness and Sports: You can write blog articles on topics like yoga, weight loss, cross-fit training, cycling, running, hiking, base jumping, Pilates, personal training, and many more.
- Hobbies: You can pick any of the topics as your blog niche like gardening, drawing, music, art, gambling, technology, boating, and fishing, photography, fashion, dancing, and many more.
- Food and Cooking: This is a very popular and demanding topic among the readers and you can start your blog with any of the topics like cooking recipes, exotic cuisine, home-cooked meals, wines, and champagne, craft beer, health foods, kitchen equipment and many more.
- Entertainment: If you have an interest in this topic then you can pick it as your niche. This is a very big niche and you can choose topics like movies, TV shows, theatre, opera, ballet, upcoming events, etc.
- Gaming: This topic is very demanding among the young generations and you can write blog posts about video game tutorials, gaming tips, strategy game tips, game reviews, and many more.
- Finance: It requires knowledge about finance and if you are a professional in this sector then you can easily start a blog on topics like personal finance, personal loan, insurance, financial budget, etc.
- Family and Home: You can pick your blog niche from pregnancy, parenting, childcare, saving money, house & gardening, home-schooling, etc.
- Education and Career: This is a very demanding niche and you can generate a lot of traffic by writing blog posts about career advice, career coaching, tips on new skills, study hacks, and many more.
- Politics and Society: You can pick this topic as your blog niche and start blogging about political news, current events, political satire, social rights, etc.
Step 2 – Choose a Blogging Platform
This is a very important stage. In this stage, you have to pick a blogging management platform for your blog. If you make a wrong move in this stage then it can jeopardize your all afford in the long run. So the best practice is to check all the big and best blog sites to see what type of blog management platform they have used. You can either host your blog on a self-hosted platform or you can use free platforms to host your website. Most of the experts recommended the self-hosted platform but you can pick the free platforms if you’re a beginner and want to practice and learn to blog.
There are many free blogging platforms available where you can host your blog like the WordPress.com, Blogger, Tumblr, Wix, etc. But the problem with this type of free platform is; you have to let the platform own your name when you host your blog on them for free. Moreover, you will be subject to their rules and restrictions. You might not able to place any ads on your blog to earn money or they might put their own ads on your blog. So if you are serious about blogging then free platforms are not the right option for you. These types of platforms are best for practicing purposes where you can taste your blogging knowledge.
Self-hosted platforms allow you to manage a blog using your own domain name. When you are using a self-hosted platform you only have to follow the domain registrar and web hosting company’s rules and you are fully in charge of your blog. Unlike the free platforms, you can include ads according to your choice and earn money. No one will be able to put ads on your website. This platform is called self-hosted because you will be using your own web hosting space and name. There are several choices available when it comes to self-hosted platforms. Some of the popular platforms are:
- WordPress.org: It is a very popular CMS platform and it was first launched in 2003. In present days WordPress powers more than 34.5% of all websites on the internet. WordPress.org gives you control over every aspect of your website like adding extra features like forums, online stores, paid membership, and you can get access to more than 54,000 free plugins. The best part of this CMS is it is search engine friendly.
- Constant Contact: This is an artificial intelligence powered website builder and it allows you to host your blog on it. With this website builder, you can easily create a blog, business website, online store, etc. within minutes. You can choose templates from their large collection and customize your website design using an easy to use drag and drop interface. It also includes features like custom logo makers, professional stock photo libraries, online stores, etc.
- Gator by HostGator: Gator is a website builder and blogging platform from popular hosting company HostGator. The user interface of Gator is very easy and it has a drag & drop tool and with it, you can create any type of website including blogs, business websites, and online stores. If you are looking for a non-WordPress blogging platform then Gator is the best solution.
- Blogger: It is a very popular free blogging platform from Google. It was first launched in 1999 and it offers a quick and easy way to create a blog for non-tech-savvy users. It only requires a Google account to create a blog and with the Blogger you will get the added advantage of Google’s robust secure platform and reliability.
- Tumblr: This CMS is a bit different from other blogging platforms. Tumblr is a micro blogging platform and it includes social networking features like following other blogs, re-blogging, in-built share options, etc. This platform is very easy to use and it’s completely free. But you can use a custom domain for your blog which is very convenient.
- Squarespace: This is another popular website building service that allows you to create different types of websites using easy drag and drop tools.This CMS is mostly preferred by small business owners who are looking for an easy way to create a blog for their online presence. Squarespace supports domain name with SSL/HTTPs and eCommerce stores.
- Wix: Wix offers solutions for small business owners to build a website using drag and drop tools. Unlike other CMS you can add a blog to your website by adding the Wix Blog app. This blogging platform was first launched in 2006 and now it has over 110 million users across the globe. This platform is free but if you want to add a custom domain in Wix then you have to pay $4.50/month.
- Drupal: Drupal is not just a blogging platform but a complete content management system so it’s a great option for blogs that are associated with businesses. So you can manage your blog, web page, online forms all in one platform. It is an open-source platform and it is completely free to use. But it requires technical expertise to use Drupal.
- Joomla: Joomla is a full content management system for bloggers who want to manage everything in a single platform. Joomla requires more skill to use it than WordPress but it is much easier than the Drupal. This CMS offers flexibility with a wide range of content options. Like the Drupal, it is also an open-source platform but you have to buy hosting and a domain name.
- Weebly: Weebly is a popular CMS platform and it provides a wide range of easy-to-use features, including drag and drop options. You can use Weebly for blogging, web building, business website, and many more. Moreover, this platform is very easy to use compared to Drupal and Joomla. This platform is free to use but limited to 500MB. You can add a custom domain with a cost of $4 a month.
Step 3 – Pick a Domain Name for the Blog
This is also a very important step because your blog name is your brand. This is the name that the customer will remember for your product or service. So the blog name should be descriptive because it will provide the reader instant overview of what the blog is about. The domain name you pick will be the unique online identity for your blog.
If you are blogging about a specific niche then you should definitely try to add that topic on the domain name. It is not necessary to add the exact topic name in the domain. For example, if your niche is cooking then you can add words like “food,” “recipes” on the domain name and it also lets the people know what the blog is about. If you want to start a personal blog where you will discuss a variety of topics then you should add your name in the Domain. So when you are picking a Domain name you should follow these tips:
- Make sure you choose a .com Domain extension as it is easier to remember
- If the single word domain is taken then use 2/3 words for your domain name
- Don’t use numbers and hyphens on the domain name as they are difficult to remember
- Try to keep your domain name simple, predictable, and specific
- If the preferred domain name is taken then consider synonyms
Step 4 – Register the Domain Name for the Blog
If you have picked a domain name for your blog then it is time you register the domain before anyone takes it. There are many domain registers available like Namecheap, GoDaddy, Bluehost, HostGator, DreamHost, BuyDomains, etc. In this article, we will discuss about Namecheap, its features, pricing, and how you can register a domain name from it.
Namecheap is an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar and it was founded in 2000. It provides domain name registration and web hosting service based in Phoenix, Arizona. Namecheap has more than 11 million registered users and 10 million domains. Namecheap is very popular across the world because of its unique features. Some of the key features of Namecheap are:
- When you buy a domain from Namecheap you will get free privacy protection for life.
- Namecheap includes free DNSSEC security with their service.
- Easy domain management makes it very convenient for general users to manage their domain.
- Namecheap supports the context menu and it appears when pointing to any service icon in the Domain List.
- Namecheap supports managing domains in bulk. Just select the domains that you want to manage and then click on Actions.
- You can add a manager or push domains using an email address.
- Namecheap includes Message option so you can instantly see all the notifications for your account
- You can see the third-party domains not registered with Namecheap using some service from the Domain List.
Now that we know why Namecheap is best it is time we move on to the next part where you will see how to register a domain on Namecheap. Registering a domain on Namecheap is very easy. Follow these simple steps:
- First, open a browser on your computer and go to the website of Namecheap
- Now in the search bar enter the domain name that you have picked for your blog and click on the Search button
- On the next screen, Namecheap will provide information about the domain name, whether the domain name is available or not; or what domain name suffixes are available
- If your preferred domain name is available with .com extension then click the adjacent shopping cart icon to register
- Now click on the View Cart from the right corner if you are ready to check out
- On the next screen, for your domain name select how long you’d like to register it
- You can also activate the auto-renew option as well as the WhoIs Guard option
- Then scroll down the page and you will see other additional add-on services that you can include with your domain registration
- Once all the process is completed click on the Confirm Order and you will redirect to Account Opening page
- Now provide a username, password, and other information to create the account
- Once the account is created you will be redirected to Order Review page where you can review what you’re purchasing and make the final Check-Out
- Now provide the correct payment information to pay the bill and register the domain name for your blog
Step 5 – Register Web Hosting for the Blog
After registering the domain name picking the best and reliable hosting service is the next important step. Web hosting plays a very important role in the functionality and performance of a website. The hosting ensures your website remains live and available 24/7 to potential readers. Hosting is the place where all the files related to your blog remain stored online. There are many web hosting companies available like Bluehost, DreamHost, A2 Hosting, HostGator, InMotion Hosting, etc. In this article, we will discuss about Bluehost, its features, pricing, and how you can register a hosting from it.
Bluehost is a web hosting company founded in 2003 and it is owned by Endurance International Group. It is one of the 20 largest web hosting company and it hosts over 2 million domains. Bluehost is very popular across the world because of its unique features. Some of the key features of Bluehost are:
- Bluehost provides an impressive and consistent uptime of 99.99%. Without a high uptime, you can lose revenue and it will create a bad impact on your website.
- Bluehost provides very fast server speeds and it is sufficient for most website owners. Moreover, Bluehost offers bundled tools that can improve the site loading speed to a great extent.
- Bluehost offers daily backups and website restorations on all of their hosting plans. They also offer third-party backup software for heavy users.
- Bluehost offers a very clean and simple user interface. So anyone regardless of his expertise can find this hosting service very easy to use.
- Bluehost offers a variety of hosting plans and they are very flexible and scalable. So whether you are an owner of a small or big website you will find a suitable plan according to your requirements.
Bluehost Web Hosting Plan and Pricing
Bluehost offers five main types of hosting plans:
- Shared hosting
- VPS hosting
- Dedicated hosting
- WordPress hosting
- WordPress Pro hosting
- Basic: At beginning $3.49 per month then jumps up to $7.99 per month
- Plus: $10.99 per month
- Choice Plus: $23.99 per month
- Standard: $19.99 first month, up to $29.99 after that
- Enhanced: $29.99 first month, up to $59.99 after that
- Ultimate: $59.99 first month, up to $119.99 after that
- Standard: $79.99 first month, $119.99 per month after that
- Enhanced: $99.99 first month, $159.99 per month after that
- Premium: $119.99 first month, $209.99 per month after that
- Basic: Starts at $2.95 with a 36 months subscription
- Plus: Starts at $5.45/month with a 36 months subscription
- Choice Plus: Starts at $5.45/month with a 36 months subscription
WordPress Pro Hosting
- Build: $19.95 first month, $29.99 per month after that
- Grow: $29.95 first month, $39.99 per month after that
- Scale: $49.95 first month, $59.99 per month after that
Register Web Hosting from Bluehost
Here I will provide detailed information about how you can register a hosting plan from Bluehost. Registering a hosting plan from Bluehost is very easy. Now follow these simple instructions:
- First, from your web browser visit the Bluehost website and click on the “Get Started” button
- On the next page, you will see all the hosting plans of Bluehost. Now pick a hosting plan that best suits you and click on the Select button
- Now on the next page, you have to choose a domain name. We already registered a domain name from Namecheap so we will ignore this part and enter our domain name on the “‘Use a domain you own” box and click the next button
- You will redirect to “Create your account page” where you have to open a Bluehost account
- Now input all the information correctly in the required fields and then scroll down the page
- Here you will see the package information and your account plan. Now select the amount of time that you want to register the hosting with Bluehost
- Next, you will see some add-ons that you can select and un-select. These add-ons are optional so if you want to activate any add-on then just select it
- Finally, you will see the Payment Information option. Provide the payment information correctly and check the Terms and Condition box
- Then click on the Submit button to complete the process. You will receive a mail from Bluehost with your Bluehost Cpanel login credentials.
Step 6 – Install WordPress on Bluehost Hosting
We have come a long way on our journey of starting a blog. We have already registered a domain from the Namecheap and buy a hosting plan from Bluehost. Now it’s time we install WordPress on our Bluehost hosting. Before installing the WordPress let’s check out some of the key features of this content management system:
- WordPress ensure easy management of the website
- WordPress based website needs minimal server requirements
- WordPress CMS comes with admin panel with multiple language support
- You can easily create new web pages on WordPress
- Module-based design and it ensure simplicity and flexibility
- You will get easy Image and media management on WordPress
- WordPress is an open-source content management system and it supports social integrations
- You can enable the group-based permission system for your website in WordPress
- WordPress supports multiple content areas on one page
- WordPress CMS is Search Engine Optimized
Installing WordPress with Marketplace (Legacy) on Bluehost
- First, log in to your Bluehost cPanel account
- Now find the Website section from the cPanel and select Install WordPress
- Then click the Install button
- Now choose the domain name where you want to install WordPress
- In the next field, you can enter a subfolder such as ‘blog’ or leave it blank if you want the website’s main page to be the blog
- Now you can edit the email address, username, and password for the new WordPress installation
- Click the “advanced options” if you want to change those settings
- Now check the license and service agreements boxes
- Finally, select the Install Now button and the WordPress will install on your domain
Installing WordPress with My Sites (Bluerock) on Bluehost
- First, log in to your Bluehost hosting account
- Now open the My Sites tab from the side menu on the left
- Then click on the Create Site button
- Now enter the Site Name and Site Tagline
- Click Next to go to the next step
- Now from the drop-down list select the domain where you wish to install the WordPress
- Choose the directory where WordPress should be installed and click Next
- It will take a few times to install WordPress on the selected domain
Step 7 – Choose a WordPress Theme for the Blog
In the WordPress website, Theme controls the entire design of your blog. So as soon as you install WordPress on your domain you have to pick a WordPress theme for your blog. There are thousands of themes available for WordPress, therefore many beginner blogger find it very overwhelming to choose a theme for their WordPress website. So here are a few things that you should consider when choosing a WordPress blog theme:
SEO-Friendly Features and Speed
Google is the most widely used search engine and a survey from January 2020 shows about 73.55% of all search traffic is capturing by Google. This is a huge amount of traffic and it shows the importance of Seo friendly websites. So if you use an SEO-friendly WordPress theme on your blog then it can boost your blog’s SERP ranking for the targeted keywords and increase overall traffic. Moreover, SEO-friendly features are considered as Green Hat SEO and it will ease your SEO works and also avoid SEO problems in the future.
Page Builder Templates
There are some WordPress themes available that support page builder templates. Although WordPress has already made it very easy to build a professional level website but what if you require editing your website or add new features? Therefore it is best you pick a blog theme that comes with a page builder template. This type of theme has a drag-and-drop editor and it lets you easily customize your website’s layout which is very convenient.
Clean Navigation and Categorization
Clean navigation and categorization are very important aspects of web design and they play a vital role in the user-friendliness of a website. You should always pick a WordPress theme that has a simple design so that the users/visitors can easily navigate the website. If the visitors find it difficult to navigate the blog then they are likely to bounce than dig through your website. All the popular and best WordPress themes have intuitive navigation menus and page customization options.
Email Capture Capabilities
If you are using a WordPress theme that doesn’t support forms to collect emails then you are missing out on the potential conversion opportunities as well as missing out the email marketing strategy. Accumulating emails allows you to connect with your audience and you can also create a traffic funnel via email sequences. Then you can send a series of emails to convert that traffic into a sales lead. So make sure you install a theme on your blog that has multiple options for capturing emails like from the sidebar, in-line forms, etc.
I think now you have a clear idea about what type of theme you should choose and install on your blog. Even then I have made a list of 10 best WordPress themes for blogging. I hope you will find your desired theme from this list. Let’s check them out!
- Neve: This is a very lightweight starter theme to build any kind of website. This theme is SEO optimized as well as mobile-friendly. This theme is lightning-fast and you can easily customize it to your specific requirements.
- OceanWP: This is another excellent theme for the blogging website. This theme is very clean and easy to use as well as includes a developer-friendly codebase ripe for customization. It comes with a jam-packed extension library so you can enhance the theme’s functionality without using any code.
- Astra: Astra is a very popular WordPress theme and with it, you can easily build and customize any kind of website. This theme is AMP-compatible and also Woo Commerce-ready. So you can sell products online with this theme.
- Poseidon: If you want crisp and captivating visuals on your website as well as showcase your content then Poseidon is the best theme for you. Some of the key features of this theme are full-screen carousel, plenty of negative space, the use of negative space, etc.
- Hemingway: This theme features a two-column design so you can easily use it for your blog. It is a very clean WordPress theme and the simple layout will draw focus on the content only. This theme also has a full-width header image and it includes a parallax scrolling effect.
- Olsen Light: If you are creating a lifestyle blog for niches like fashion, travel then you won’t find a better theme than the Olsen Light. This theme integrates with various custom widgets so you will have everything to build your blog. Moreover, this theme is compatible with all the popular page builders.
- Lovecraft: Lovecraft also has a two-column design so you can use this theme for blogging websites without any hesitation. It also has a full-width header image and the minimalist aesthetic is also very appealing for long posts.
- Writee: If you are planning on launching a personal blog where you will publish content about food, travel, fashion, or other lifestyle topics then this is the appropriate theme for your website. Some of the key features of this theme are full-width slider, custom widgets, mobile-friendliness, etc.
- Tracks: This theme features a dark and minimalist design so you can use this theme for photography, blogging, and magazine websites. The best part of this theme is; it is compatible with woo commerce. So you can sell products online with this theme.
- Hueman: Hueman has a slick and customizable design, best for blogging websites. Moreover, this theme is mobile-friendly so it will boost your SEO ranking as well. It has a three-Colum design so you can display a variety of content.
Step 8 – Install the WordPress Theme and Customization
Installing the theme and the customization of the theme happens in Dashboard which is the back end of the website. The installation process of a WordPress theme is very simple and with or without coding knowledge you can easily customize your blog. This is why WordPress is the most used content management system. Now follow these simple steps to install a WordPress theme:
- First, log in to your account where we have already installed the WordPress
- Now you will see a list of default WordPress themes provided by Bluehost from the Appearance
- If you want to install another theme then select Add New
- Now search for the theme by clicking Feature Filter
- Select the theme from the search result and click on the Install button
- It will take a few times to install the theme
- Once the installation is completed Activate the theme, or
- If you already purchased a theme then select the Upload Theme option from the Appearance
- Now select browse and locate the theme on your computer
- Then click on the Install Now button
- It will take a few times to install the theme
- Once the installation is completed activate the theme and your site starts using the theme
Now login to your WordPress Dashboard and you will see the welcome message from the Bluehost. Here Bluehost offers you help and guidance on customization of your theme. You can either choose to accept the help or just ignore it. Now click on the Bluehost button from the left corner and a drop-down menu will appear. From the menu click on the “Launch” button and your blog is ready to be online within minutes. Now on the next page give a Title and Description for your website so that the visitor can easily understand what the website is about. Finally, click on the “Launch” button and Congratulations! You just learned how to start a blog!
Step 9 – Write and Publish a Blog Post
The moment of truth has come. Now you are an owner of a blog and it’s time for you to do some blogging! That means write a blog post and publish it on your website. Don’t worry; writing and publishing posts on WordPress website is very easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- First login to your WordPress Dashboard
- Now from the left menu of your Dashboard click on the “Posts” option
- Then click on the “Add New” button to begin writing a new post
- Now you will be redirected to post editor screen
- First, enter the title of your post in the Title box
- Then in the lower box start writing your post
- If you want to add image on your post then click on the “Add Image” option and then click on the Upload button to upload an image from your computer
- Adjust the image if required and then click on the “Insert into post” to add the picture
- Once you have finished writing your post then click on the “Publish” button from the top right corner of your screen
- Congratulations! You have published your first blog post
We have reached the closing destination to our blogging journey. I hope this detailed guide has helped you start your own blog successfully. However, if any of the above steps were unclear to you or if you get stuck to any procedure then let me know in the comment section. I will provide assistance with your problem. On the other hand, if you have successfully started a blog then also share your success story with our readers so that they get inspiration to start their own blog. Happy blogging!